Thursday Thirteen #103
I was recently working on a list of Official State Websites (stay tuned next Wednesday for said list if you are interested) and it ocurred to me that it might be fun to surf around on the California State Website and see what kinds of interesting things I could find. Boy howdy. Check out what I found!
13 Things You Can Do With The Official California State Website:
1. Check out a list of free public WiFi Hot Spots.
2. Is “211″ service available in your area? Check the N11 Service Directories.
3. Find and Compare schools in your area.
4. Worried about traffic? Check the Caltrans Live Traffic Cams.
5. Follow the state on Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
6. Try e-filing your State Tax Return.
7. Into statistics? Check out the state Demographics.
8. Enjoy podcasts? Try the one from the California State Parks Foundation or Flex Your Power.
9. Find out if the state is holding any Unclaimed Property for you here.
10. Planning a visit to someplace in California? You may need a map of the area.
11. California has an Official State Dance: West Coast Swing Dancing. (The State Folk Dance is Square Dancing.) You can find information about this and other official State Symbols here.
12.Lottery Results are always a popular item.
13. Check the lists of State Holidays and Furlough Fridays to find out if the State Agency you plan to visit is open on the day you were planning to be there.