Thursday Thirteen #102
Favorite films. Everyone has at least one. Perhaps your film a piece of your childhood that you still hold dear, or one that you consider a work of art…even if no one else agrees with you. Below I have listed thirteen films that I love. Obviously it’s not a complete list (Strange Brew would have been number 14, in case you’re wondering), and it turns out that a list of films that I like to watch over and over again would only have a few overlaps with this list. Who knew?
What films would you have on your list?
13 Films That I Love:
1. The Dark Crystal – It’s a work of art.
2. Some Like it Hot – It’s all about the very end.
3. The Sheik – Yes. I adore Rudolph Valentino. I like “The Eagle” almost as much.
4. Escape to Witch Mountain – I must have watch this film over two hundred times. One of my favorites from childhood, you know.
5. Cold Comfort Farm – “There be no butter in Hell!”
6. The Mummy – “I am…a Librarian!”
7. Fellowship of the Ring – “And some things…that have not yet come to pass.”
8. Clue – “. I hated her, so much… it-it- the f – it -flam – flames. Flames, on the side of my face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath…”
9. The Gold Diggers of 1933 – Gotta love those pre-code Ruby Keeler films. And how can you go wrong with Ginger Rogers’ pig latin rendition of “We’re in the Money”?
10. Starman – “Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very fast.”
11. Fifth Element – “Negative, I am a meat popsicle.”
12. Star Wars: A New Hope – I was obsessed with Princess Leia’s hair when I was a kid.
13. The Princess Diaries – A sweet story. If you get the chance, listen to the DVD commentary with Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews.