Thursday Thirteen #109
This week I’m celebrating the different things you can find in the libraries in my system. What cool things do your local libraries offer?
13 Things You Can Find in the Alameda County Library:
1. Computers that you can use, for example, to access tax forms and helpful information related to said tax forms.
3. Librarians to help you with your reference question, whom you can contact in person, via telephone, by email, or on IM. (AskaLibrarian)
5. Computer classes on topics such as Internet Basics and Microsoft Word.
6. Book Sales! (Both tiny daily ones and larger ones scattered throughout the year.)
7. Storytime for babies of various ages.
8. Fliers for local events, college class schedules, bus schedules, and DMV booklets.
9. WiFi (though you will need a library card number or day pass to get on.)
10. Study rooms.
12. Local Newspapers, with old issues on microfilm. (Darn handy for those “day you were born” reports.)
13. Books. Lots of books. Even ebooks. Picture Books, Chapter Books, Teen Books, Large Type Books, Paperbacks, Mysteries, Science Fiction, Romance, Short Stories, Westerns, Bestsellers, Fiction, Non-Fiction…