Feel like spending your Saturdays at the library? Do you like standing in front of a group of people eager to listen to your every word? Have an interest in passing on your knowledge to others? Well, if you are 18 or over, you might want to consider being a Computer Skills Co-Instructor at the Fremont, Newark & Union City Libraries.
Most classes are hands-on and take place from 10:30-12:30 at the three branches. Classes range from Microsoft Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) to social networking technologies (Skype, Google Docs, Pinterest etc) as well as library databases. Classes begin in April and end in November and initial training takes place on Saturday March 9th from 10:30-12:30 at the Fremont Main Library. We are looking for adults (18+) with the following qualifications:
- An understanding of computers and familiarity with Microsoft 2010 applications.
- Understanding of social media and of new emerging technologies
- Ability to work as a team member
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to adapt to the use of different electronic devices
- Ability to organize projects and revise or create class curriculum
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to communicate instructional concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Must enjoy working with the public and with adults of all ages and skill levels.
- Patience and a sense of humor are required.
Click here for the application and full details: 2013_computer skills_application