The newest diary of Greg Heffley – Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 8 will go on sale in the United States in November 2013. Following major marketing and social media promotions in the U.S., seven international publishers will launch their respective campaigns around the world. The United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Greece, Japan, Korea, and Norway will release the book in their respective territories just after the U.S. debut.
Books in the core Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney include:
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2007),
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (2008),
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (2009),
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (2009),
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (2010), and
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (2011).
- The Third Wheel, (2012)
Here are some trivia for the series to share with you:
- On November 13, 2012, book 7 in the series, The Third Wheel, released with a 6.5-million-copy first printing in North America.
- These books are a fixture on the USA Today bestseller list (the first book in the series has remained in the top 150 for more than 200 weeks) and the Wall Street Journal and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists.
- The series has remained consistently in the top spots on the New York Times lists since the publication of the first book.
- More than 85 million Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are in print around the world.
- The series have been sold in more than 44 territories in 42 languages.
- Author Jeff Kinney was named one of Time magazine’s most influential people in the world.
- Three movies based on the book series have grossed more than $250 million internationally.
- The book series won Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in 2010, 2011, and 2012 (and is nominated for one in 2013)
- Jeff Kinney won a Children’s Choice Book Award in 2012.
- These books have won numerous awards voted on by students and teachers around the globe.
- The Wimpy Kid Island on poptropica.com, a virtual world for kids, remains one of the most visited on the site.
Kinney’s work has been widely praised for its ability to turn reluctant readers on to books. If you are struggling on leading your kids into reading, if you hadn’t heard about this series from your kids, if you wanted to know why you couldn’t always find Jeff Heffley in the library, click here to reserve your copy; and stay tune for the newest development of the Wimpy Kid ….