From December through mid-February, Monarch Butterflies will migrate. There are some popular places within the Bay Area to take a look at these amazing creatures. We have information on lots of butterflies here at the library: http://bit.ly/IfeUNy
In honor of these amazing insects, here are some butterfly related crafts!
Coffee Filter Butterfly
Watercolor Paints OR Markers and a spray bottle of water
- Flatten the coffee filter
- Have your child paint it all over with watercolors OR color it with marker and then spray with water
- Let it dry
- Clip it down the middle with the clothes pin
Voila! A butterfly!
Two empty toilet paper rolls
Yarn or string
- Decorate the outside of the toilet paper rolls
- Glue them together, long ways (side-by-side) and let dry
- Punch a hole on the outside of each roll of toilet paper (mirror image ways)
- Tie the yarn or string through the holes
- Go searching for butterflies!