“Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.” – Joseph Campbell
You can get started creating a sacred space by following a few easy steps:
- Decide what “sacred” means to you. Do you need a space for yoga, meditation or spiritual connection?
- Dedicate a spot in your home that can become sacred. It doesn’t have to be a whole room. It can be a corner of a room, the top of a dresser, or any other space you can find.
- Create your own altar. Find personal items which are meaningful to you.
- Surround yourself with inspirational icons. Fill your space with meaningful quotes, spiritual symbols, calming music, plants, and any other items that uplift your spirit. Connecting with our spiritual selves opens up an amazing well to drink from when stresses come our way.
- Create a ritual. Once you’ve created your sacred space, how will you honor it? Will you use it to meditate for a few minutes every morning? Will you just sit, with your eyes closed, enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet? Your ritual can be simple or complicated but, whatever you elect to do, make it meaningful to you. Excerpts from article by Debbie Woodbury – Huffington post
Books on Sacred space @ Library