The HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) presentation, Medicare Changes 2015, at the Fremont Main Library on Wednesday, November 5, 2015,@ 10:00 a.m. will include the following topics:
- Overview of eligibility, costs, benefits & recent changes
- Options for supplementing Medicare & getting help with costs
- Prescription drug benefit
- Medicare Advantage Plan changes
- Preview of the Coordinated Care Initiative & Cal MediConnect for dual eligibles in Alameda County
Thanks to AARP (www.aarp.org), here is a list of eight things you can do during the Medicare open enrollment, October 15 through December 7, 2015.
- Switch from Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Drop your Medicare Prescription Drug coverage completely.
- The best way to find your Medicare plan choices is to visit gov. Or you can call Medicare directly at 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227)