Kinship Services located in the Fremont Family Resource Center provides FREE services to kinship families in which a child is being raised by his/her relatives. This could be grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings or even family friends.
The goal is to support families in any way possible to ensure that the child stays with a relative caregiver.
- Free weekend recreation activities for youth and children
- Free homework help and academic support
- Support groups for both caregivers and youth
- Free workshops
- 24-hour helpline for immediate resource referral 510-421-6861
- Case management services, including financial resources, child care referrals, legal assistance, mental health resources and emergency food, clothing and shelter.
The Fremont office is located at 39155 Liberty St, Room D450. It is open Monday and Wednesday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Call 510-846-6332 for more information or to schedule an appointment.