GET YOUR RESUME READ BY THE RIGHT PERSON!
Fremont Main Library – Fukaya Meeting Room A
Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Mark Jennings is a staffing consultant, resume writer and career coach with more than 20 years’ experience in all aspects of recruiting. He has advised HR Executives at Cisco Systems, Google, Yahoo, Kaiser and Microsoft on candidate selection and retention, providing him with a unique perspective on what companies look for when hiring. Come and learn from Mark:
- How to get your resume into the hands of the decision maker.
- Which resumes get read and which don’t.
- Which email and voice mail messages elicit a response.
- How to use registered letters to announce your availability.
- How to utilize the reverse resume.
- How utilizing the 7 P’s will change your job hunt results.
- The four key (and only) things that companies are interested in.
The Fremont Main Library, a branch of the Alameda County Library system, is located at 2400 Stevenson Boulevard and is wheelchair accessible. The library will provide an ASL interpreter for any event with at least seven working days’ notice. Please call 510-745-1401 or TTY 888-663-0660 for more information.