Filipino American History: A Celebration
at Fremont Main Library – Fukaya Meeting Room
Saturday, October 17, 2015, 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Teri Bautista’s review of a 400-year timeline of the Filipino American experience.
- Beyond Lumpia, Pansit and Seven Manangs Wild authors reading and book signing.
- Manang Connie Santos on her 1929 ocean crossing from Manila to Seattle.
- Brian Villa Connor performing his guitar compositions.
- Harana, the Movie, with introduction by co-producer Fides Enriquez, on the lost art of serenade.
- Senkotiros International demonstrating arnis (stick fighting).
- The American Center of Philippine Arts (ACPA) Rondalla (string ensemble).
- Camille Canlas LaFlam narrating in English children’s stories by Filipino authors.
The Fremont Main Library, a branch of the Alameda County Library system, is located at 2400 Stevenson Boulevard and is wheelchair accessible. The library will provide an ASL interpreter for any event with at least seven working days’ notice; Please call 510-745-1401 or TTY 888-663-0660 for more information.