I had so much fun choosing random slang for you all last week, so this week I have some random world records on offer. I once played cat’s cradle for well over on hour…
13 World Records:
1. Most comics published by one Author – “Shotaro Ishinomori (Japan) created 770 published comic titles and is today known as “The King of Manga.”
2. First In-Flight Movie – First National’s The Lost World was shown in 1925 during an Imperial Airways flight from London to paris.
3. Most successful Chimpanzee on Wall Street – Showing a 213% gain in her choices (made by throwing darts at a list of 133 internet companies) in 1999, Raven, a six year old Chimpanzee, became the 22nd most successful money manager in the USA.
4. Largest species of falcon – The gyrfalcon (Falco rusticolus) can reach the length of 25 inches and weights of up to 74 oz.
5. Largest Spiral Galaxy (so far) – Malin 1 measures aproximately 650,000 light years across. (It’s 1.1 billion light years away from us.)
6. Most participants in a Role-Playing Game – “A total of 483 people from the Irmandiños a Revolta group took part in a massive role-playing game in Monterrei, from October 5 to 7, 2007.” I’m guessing that they mean live action role play specifically, here.
7. WNBA: Most Games Played – Career – (As of the printing ot the book) Vickie Johnson (USA) with 346 games played. 1997-2005 with the New York Liberty, and 2006-2007 with the San Antonio Silver Stars.
8. Oldest dated canon – The Dardanelles Gun was cast in 1464 for Sultan Mehmet II in Turkey.
9. Largest Photo Shoot of People Wearing Bikinis – 1010 participants took part in a photo shoot on Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia on 26 September 2007.
10. Largest Ginseng Root – Weighing in at 2 lbs 0.5 oz on 1 July 1999. Wow.
11. Most Layers in a Layer Cake – “Jayn Parenti (USA) baked a layer cake containing 230 layers on July 4, 2006.” Yes, it was red, white, and blue.
12. Fewest wins on Wacky Races – Dick Dastardly and Mutley in the Mean Machine had a whole zero wins to their credit.
13. Most Concurrent Musical Productions – “As of February 2005, 12 productions of Mamma Mia!…were playing at one time.”
Guiness World Records 2009